Ashe Lands First Redfish~Wilmington, NC
8/3/2012They say a picture is worth a thousand words. My young sportsman Ashe Hamrick filled some big shoes today catching his first redfish ever and he did it all by himself. Ashe stands at a whopping 55" tall, his redfish 27" long and over eight pounds. Needless to say the fight was epic and Ashe used some great form to best the big red.
We were fishing a high flooded grass flat with a Redfish Magic Spinnerbait and Ashe was making nice casts parralel to the grass edges. While Ashe was slow rolling the spinnerbait back to the boat the redfish made an aggressive bite not three feet from the bow of the boat! I swear I saw sky between Ashe's feet and the boat deck.
Congrats Ashe on your first redfish, I am so proud I got to share this with you and you are fast becoming one well rounded angler. I look forward to our future adventures together!
The fishing in Wilmington, Topsail, Bald Head and surrounding waters is on fire. Don't miss your opportunity to get in on some great sight fishing action on the Cape Fear Coast of NCc.
Till Next Tide,
Captain Seth Vernon
- Part IV: The Finale of the 2007 Beavertail Retrofit!
- Part 3: Beavertail Restoration Part 3: Sand, Prime, Paint...Repeat.
- Part 2 Breathing New Life into my 2007 Beavertail Skiff
- Breathing New Life into a Workhorse: 2007 Beavertail B2 gets a Facelift
- Fly Boatworks Debuts their 18' Backwater Tiller at Wrightsville Beach, NC
- Nathan Edwards enjoys the first Cast & Blast of the season on the Cape Fear Coast, NC
- Rails & Tails: September brings the return of the Cast and Blast
- Tailing Reds to Topwater Bites: Wilmington, NC Redfishing Continues to be Excellent!
- Hot Summer Tailing and Topwater Redfish Bite in Wilmington, NC
- Ashe Lands First Redfish~Wilmington, NC
- Fly Fishing NC Flooded Grass with Damon Keuhl
- Double Haul Guide Service Website gets a Facelift
- Will Behrman and Frank tackle Wrightsville Redfish
- I'm ever grateful for good friends! Powerheads, donor flats boats and charters...
- An Anglers Point of View of Fishing the Cape Fear Coast
- Spring Fishing is Heating up on the Cape Fear Coast
- Visiting International Angler catches first Redfish on Fly
- Peter Smith Finds Redfish Revival on Bald Head Island
- Guiding Angler Colles Stowell on the Fly in his new Beavertail BT3
- Wilmington Winter Sight Fishing still going strong...